1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

display cards??

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by nik99, Mar 15, 2004.

1. nik99

nik99 Regular member

hey guys ..
    am planning to get a new display card that does these 3 things
    1-record shows from Tv--
    now this aint didgital or shit ..just normal cable thru wire..dont have box installed...//wat other s/w will i need

2-use Tv as monitor-mainly for watching Divx files on Tv .w/o th pain of converting..

3-gaming..am not a hardcore gamer..just basic stuff like say F1 challnge ,NFS underground and stuff

Will one card do all 3 properly .

wud like some recommendations in a medium budget range..no fancy stuff

wud th radeon 9600 solve my issues

tks in advance

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes an All In Wonder Radeon would do exactly what you want to do, I used to have an All In wonder Radeon 8500DV That was an awesome card, It had a TV Tuner so you can capture TV shows and it has a S-Video and Composite/RCA inputs it also has a TV Output VIA S-Video or Composite/RCA , the Model I had also had 2 Firewire Inputs but most Don"t...Allmost all "All In Wonder Radeon" Cards have the same basic Layout..You Could go a Lot Cheaper if you wanted and get a Radeon VIVO Card which is allmost the same as a All In Wonder but doesn"t have the TV tuner so if you wanted to record TV shows you would have to use something like a VCR or Cable Box to Tune in the Chanels and then output the signal to the Video Input on the Card and you would change the Chanells on the VCR or cable Box...The Card I have right now is a Radeon 7200 VIVO card and that is what i have is a Small $20 Cable Box with a Remote hooked up to the card and I capture TV that Way and I just Hook up a VCR to the Cable Box when I record VHS tapes...A "All In Wonder Radeon 9600" Is going to Probably run you anywere from $175 to $350 depending on the Model you get ,you can get the card I have for about $35 on e-bay so I guess it depends on the Kind of Money you want to spend on a Video card but for this Type of Video card Radeons are the best accept for maybe a couple Very High End MatroX Cards....well good Luck

3. nik99

nik99 Regular member

hey tks m8

ye ..i was looking at card around 100$..that wud do all 3

is the all in wonder ..the only one that has the TV tuner thingy ..or there are cheaper options..not counting th other one u mentioned

also ..if i were to drop no 1 ..and only do 2 & 3 ..
    what wud be my best option for that budget ,,radeon or geforce?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well ATI Cards are more reliable when it comes to Video capture that Nvidia cards...If you don"t want a All in wonder you would have to then get a VIVO card that is the same card but without the TV Tuner, and these cards are about half the price of the All In wonder......