1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

distorted audio with v9 after failed magic 50k install

Discussion in 'PS2' started by themikest, Apr 21, 2004.

1. themikest

themikest Member

after unsuccesfully trying to install a magic 50k into a version 9 ps2, i removed the chip because i thought it was causing the distorted sound on startup, i removed the chip, all wires and clean all points but it still didn't fix it. where should i be looking to find the fault ?

i almost had the chip going, it would recognise the disc in browser as a ps2 game but wouldn't boot it. now i have removed the chip and all i want is the buzzing sound to go away, otherwise i think it works fine

2. xPyrOx

xPyrOx Member

you probly fried your ps2 dude

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

check over the entire mainboard with a magnifying glass and using a good light to make sure a small drip of solder did not fall of your iron and cause a bridge someware

4. modsRus

modsRus Member

I think I've seen something like that before, but the games would go little past "Playstation 2" logo screen. When the games started to load it froze. Oh man, did I seach for a short. I never figured that one out. Consulted with a couple of my colleagues and still could not figure that it out. Ended up using machine for parts.