1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX AC3 to SVCD MPEG-2 Multi-Channel 5.1

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Teris, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Teris

Teris Guest

Hi
    I have DivX movies with AC3 sound and convert them to SVCD movies, with subtitles. I'm using VirtualDub as Frame Server, and covert the movie with the program TMPGEnc_Plus. I'm also using Nero to burn the file to CD. So far so good.
    The problem I have is with the sound.
    I Would like to know how to convert the sound from AC3 to MPEG-2 Multi-Channel 5.1 surround audio. Is it possible? I belive it is, but propably I'm not using the correct program. I have tried a couple of them without success. I'm able to receive 2 channel sound, so I'm NOT intrested for a solution regarding 2 channel stereo.
    Regards /TERIS

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2002
  2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

3. VCDjunkie

Just found out that you must use I-Author as the CD-Image create program otherwise your SVCD will only have ordinary stereo sound. This shouldn't be a problem, but the software package does not include I-Author, so you have to get it separately. The company that made I-Author no longer sells the damned thing, so it might be hard to come by.

best of luck.

4. Teris

Teris Guest

Hello
    Thank you very mutch for your answer.
    Unfortunatly I'm not familiar with that program.
    Though I have found it and I am currently downloading it.
    Some questions I have:
    1)Does this program support AC3, because the sound I have on the DivX is AC3.

2) Is there maybe som kind of Quick Guide? about how to get startet.

5. VCDjunkie

the program uses besweet to transcode, and besweet does support ac3, this is how it does DVD sound. There are no guides available that I know of that include creation of 5.1.. here is the closest thing I found: http://www.vcdhelp.com/miniDVDAC3/minidvdac3.htm

anyhow, I have no experience creating mpeg 5.1 audio SVCD, so I'm probably not going to be of much more help unfortunately, you will have to STFW.