1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx and avi to DVD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Discmania, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Just thought I'd bring to everyone's attention of a great new free programme that will convert Divx and avi files to DVD compliant in a TS folder ready for burning. I've tried it and it's great - works with no flaws and you can select the aspect ratio to keep. Also it will enable direct burning with copy to DVD if you have it installed Best of all there is a special free version at the moment which I'd recommend (scroll down the page):-

http://www.vso-software.fr/

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  2. sherybama

sherybama Member

Will this software work on the avi files from safe share movies?

3. sherybama

sherybama Member

I am trying to burn my movies that I got off safe share to my new dvd burner so I can watch my movies on my TV. I bought Winmpeg and I have anydvd, but with the winmpeg it tells me it has encountered errors and will close all applications. Can anyone help me?

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

The above software works with all AVI files. I have had 100% success with it so far. Use it to encode the files to a video TS folder then drag the folder into DVD video option on your burning rom to create a DVD disc. If your burning rom still doesn't burn uninstall it and download Nero 6 instead.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  5. sherybama

sherybama Member

I have both the nero 6 and nero burning rom. Which will do the best?

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

What do you mean you have both? Nero 6 incorporates the latest Nero burning rom. If you also have Nero 5 then uninstall it.

7. sherybama

sherybama Member

Okay I will. I didn't know to uninstall Nero Burning Rom. It usually chooses the Nero 6 anyway. I am trying that software you told me about the avi converter software, it just takes so long though. Anyway to make it quicker?

8. Discmania

Discmania Active member

No, you just have to be patient with it.

9. sherybama

sherybama Member

Thank you so much for your help! I will keep you informed on how the software does for me. Do you know anything about DVDDivx to AVI? I have that software too. I bought WinMpeg Video Converter and it causes errors and closes down! Have you ever tried it?

10. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Unfortunately I've not tried either of those progs.

11. damurph

damurph Member

Hi again, i started a new thread in this forum but i'm pretty sure no one will reply, i wouldn't, lol. I'm trying to convert my divx into a dvd file (please see my thread "brain overload"), could someone just tell me if this prog would work with my file? I've started the conversion with "divx to dvd" but i'd rather not spend the time coverting it if i'm not going to be able to play it in my dvd player. I'm pretty sure my file is NTSC, i got this from the fps in avicodec, not sure though so will this work on a dvd player in the UK?

12. damurph

damurph Member

Please can someone reply this time, i'd be extremely grateful. I used the "divxtodvd" prog and it was really simple to use, I ended up with VOB,BUP and IFO files, I then burned them to my dvd+rw and played it in my dvd player but the sound was all out of sync. I then installed DivX player and then TMPGEnc recognised the file, i managed to fumble through the settings and i'm in the process of burning another copy, it says its going to take 30hrs!!! So can someone just tell me if it will work with these settings:
    DVD PAL (MPEG-2 720x576 25fps VBR 2543kbps, Layer-2 48000Hz 384kbps)

Please, please, please can someone reply

13. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You have done the right thing using DivX to DVD. The settings seem OK. The reason the lipsync is out could be for a number of reasons. Did the DivX file play ok before you converted it on your PC?

14. damurph

damurph Member

Thanks alot for replying, yeah the file played absolutely fine on my pc, the picture was great, thats why i wanted to put it on dvd. It seems to have lost a bit of picture quality aswell as the sound being out of sync though, I am using crappy dvd+rw if you think that could be a factor. Thanks again for your help.
    Regards, Dan

15. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Does the burned disc still go out of sync on your PC? If it doesn't that points to the DVD player as being faulty. If it does then it is most likely something to do with the original file. You say it was in NTSC format? Why do you think that?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  16. Chico1

Chico1 Member

Can i add multiple video files to a single dvd meaning can i add two movies onto one dvd and will it be able to play back on my home dvd player? Im in the process of burning my video files both of them onto one dvd using nero(71%) i was impatient and couldn't wait for a response so i figured i would learn through trial and error.

17. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Providing all the files are in the respective video TS folders and both folders are less than 4.38Gb combined then both movies will go on one DVD disc.

18. damurph

damurph Member

It still does it on the pc, I don't know about that NTSC thing, i think that was me getting a bit confused. I'm pretty sure its not the dvd player because when I back-up my dvds they play fine, thanks

19. Chico1

Chico1 Member

It played back on my dvd player both of them but i didn't watch one of the whole video files to see if it was working properly and i figured that i did something wrong, but the error was directly from the source the one video file i didn't watch so now i have a coaster my first last coaster as i will actually watch each and every one of my movies fully.