1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx .AVI to DVD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by rawgarlic, Dec 9, 2004.

1. rawgarlic

rawgarlic Member

Hi I downloaded a .AVI file i couldnt play it so i downloaded Divx player. Now i can watch it on that. How do i put an AVI file to DVD in the same size with other .AVI files? thanks

2. stillgame

stillgame Member

Hi rawgarlic Ok first I assume you have a DVD Burner
    the next thing is how large is the file you wish to put to DVD. Lets say it is only around 180mb in size
    then using VSO DivxtoDVD will allow you to make a DVD
    with a size of around 315mb (I have converted a file with these size's and this is what I get) so as you can see you will have plenty of room on a blank disc
    4.7Gb.You will also need Nero or any good DVD burning software to burn the files to DVD there are plenty of
    great Guides to help you do this, hope this helps a bit.

3. basilrozs

basilrozs Member

hi,

maybe a silly question, but if dvd players have the divx codec installed, why can't they play divx movies directly withouth the need of converting them and doubling its size?

Cant it be done (several divx to dvd) keeping the original divx sizes on the resulting dvd?

Thanks.

4. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

lolz basilrozs the reason for dvd players to have the divx codec installed is so that you can play divx on them, yes 7 movies on one dvd :-D pure sweetness or like 4 @ DVD quality, rawgarlic was meaning Divx Player for computer