1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divx encoder window won't fit on monitor screen

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by xxschizo, Nov 11, 2004.

1. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

This is kind of difficult to describe.... but my problem is this: I am using the guide found here to convert DVD to Divx using Divx 5.1. However, when I get to the part using VirtualDub where I am to compress the video using the Divx 5.1 codec (select compression>divx 5.1>configure) the divx encoder window that pops up (where I am supposed to put the frames per second and the maximum size of the avi output etc.) I can see the top of the window (a blue bar with an 'x') but I cannot see the bottom of the window, which I assume has an 'accept' or 'ok' button because when I change the settings as per the guide's directions and click the 'x' in the upper right hand corner of the window and then reopen the window, the changes haven't been saved.

Now, I have tried to shrink the window in question without luck - you cannot put your cursor on an edge and do anything but move the box - and even when I shove it as far up as I can, I can still not see the bottom of the Divx box.

I have tried changing the heighth/width of my monitor, pushing the window up (as mentioned before), right clicking on the window, etc.

If anyone has an idea, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

xxschizo: Does this happen with other apps? Perhaps your screen resolution is to big? Usually 800x600 or more is okay.

3. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I figured finally that the screen resolution was the problem - so I changed it from 800x600 to some ridiculous size that make me feel i'm peering at my icons through binoculars. but it's just for this one program so no biggie. thanks again.