1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx Encoding, need help

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Iceburge, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Iceburge

Iceburge Member

OK, if im an idiot i beg your forgiveness, but I have the dvd Kill Bill, and i ripped it and am now trying to encode it as Divx 5.1.1. I was following the turtorial, and all seemed to go well, however when all encoding was done, the Kill Bill second pass would play in every thing but the divx player and more importantly my modded xbox. So please Help Me!

2. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

I really can't help you on the part of DivX player and Xbox (because I don't own them), but I went thru the same thing you did. I just encoded it or whatever in 1-pass and just split them after the 9+ hour proccess. Just experiment with a few things, because the guide is almost two years older than the software, so it's not going to be the same thing. Hope I helped. L8ter. What I really want to know is why it lookes so choppy when you skip to a scene and then it goes back to normal when it hits the next screen!

3. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Actually, the other day I installed the newest FFDShow from the hyperlink at the home page. Now, I did say that the movies I made came out bad when you skip to some parts, but after I installed it, it didn't have that problem. Just thought I would add that :)

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Guys, we don't "rip" films: we back them up, you know?
    And we try not to mention them by name if poss... especially the latest big-buck Hollywood release, you're gonna bring heat.
    That said, make sure your backups are compatible, use the profile, no Qpel or motion vector comp.
    9+ hours for a single-pass rip? Surely you jest - I complete a triple-pass rip in 8 hours (overnight).
    Top quality? Hugh Betcha.
    Get yourself the latest GordianKnot at http://doom9.org and make nice, compatible, at least two-pass rips
    oops I mean backups ;)
    Playback is dependant on Interleave (minimum twice/second, all platforms) and post-processing (DivX/FFDShow) but I can hop all over within my AVIs, no worries. Good luck,
    Regards
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]IT Technician BSc MCSA
    XP2500+Barton 512MB PC3200[/small]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2004