1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divx help

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by d2n19, Feb 22, 2004.

1. d2n19

d2n19 Member

I have over one hundred avi's I want to back up to disk. They are around 20 minutes long but only 352 X 230 or something. How would I go about putting them onto DVDs? Which programs are best to do this project? I want to retain all quality but I am hoping I don't need a million DVDs to do so. Can anyone help or even point me in the right direction? Much appreciated for the help.

2. GHooterG

GHooterG Member

Well it would depend on the size and formats of the AVI Files. You could use TMPGEnc to convert them to MPEG Files and then use a regular CD-R to burn them or DVD-R. Depends for what you want to do... If you just want to back them up, then you won't need to convert them at all, and if they are under 700 MB you can put them on CD-R's or 4.7 GB for DVD's.

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yes, at WORST you would need 1 CD each ( for VCD standard) or they would all burn to, what, maybe 2 DVDs?
    A handy program is OSS Video Converter at www.OneStopSoft.com

4. d2n19

d2n19 Member

Well I want to put them on dvd's and be able to watch them on TV. I want the size to fit the standard for TV. Using Tmp it says the file will be over 1 gig...now, if i have 130 avis 20 min long that would mean i could 4 avi's on one dvd so that means i need 17 DVD's to get them all, say it aint true :0

5. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yeah, well you can buy 50 blanks for only 50 bucks (Canadian) so that's not so bad. But remember you are 'expanding' them all to MPEG2 to be compatible with any DVD/TV - it's like making an audio CD from MP3s, you get the worst of both worlds: the quality of the small file, and a large file-size.
    Does anyone know, can you rip to MPEG1 (VCD standard) and burn to DVD? If so, will this play in any DVD player like a VCD will? That would be sweet.

6. d2n19

d2n19 Member

My resolution is 320x300 i think ....when I convert it what should that file size be, for that i want it to fill the tv screen?

7. d2n19

d2n19 Member

Can anyone help me with what size the resolution should be when the file is converted?