1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divx issue with file

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by steepulse, Feb 20, 2008.

1. steepulse

steepulse Guest

i have several files that i would like two interlock,but it keeps saying not the correct vfw codecs,needs video,then just today,i tryd two run the darn thing again and now virtual dub has crashed,so know i have two questions, how do i get virtual dub up and running again?,and how do i use the ffhd codec device,to clear up this codec vfw issue?

2. attar

attar Senior member

VirtualDub requires 'Video for Windows' (VFW) codecs.
    FFDShow has a configuration table for these codecs.

Note that in the pic, I have selected the 'Decoder' tab.
    In the setting for DivX, the options (from the sub menu) are libavcodec or the XviD codec to open the video.
    It so happens that I have the XviD codec installed on my PC, so I elect to use that to open DivX files.

'Start' > 'All programs' > 'FFDShow' > 'VFW Configuration'

[​IMG]

3. steepulse

steepulse Guest

NOW WHAT ABOUT MY ENCODER,ITS XVID NOW
    AND THE VIDEO CODECS?

4. attar

attar Senior member

When you start VirtualDub and drag an AVI file onto the window, does it load without error?

5. steepulse

steepulse Guest

HOLD ON WILL DO NOW HAD TWO RESTART COMPUTER,ALSO FOUND OUT THAT THE AUDIO FILE IS AC3 ,SO I DOWNLOADED THAT,BUT ITS NOT OPERTING RIGHT???
    EVERY TIME I RUN TO DOWNLOAD IT DOES DOWNLOAD,BUT THEN I TRY TO OPEN AND I GET A FEEDBACK NOISE

6. steepulse

steepulse Guest

OKAY I GOT IT TWO RUN,AND ITS WORKING,BUT IT SAID THAT SOME FILES WERE DAMAGED,AND IT WAS RECOVERING,OR IT SAID SOMETHING OF THAT CONTEXT,ALSO,THE AUDIO IS WORKING,ARE U STILL AROUND?CHECK BACK WITH YOU,OR ANYONE ELSE WITH A SELOUTION WITH MY NEXT ISSUE,OR PROBLEM,20 MINIM GOING TO THE INSTRUCTION MANUEL,FOR VIRTUAL DUB,TO GET THIS DARN THING CORRECTED,& CONNECTED.

RUFDOG OUT, BYE THE WAY THANKS FOR THE HELP, BIG UPS!!!!!!