1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx or X-vid to DVD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by sbyrn4, Apr 15, 2003.

1. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Nice shout out on suggesting DVD Architect for encoding.
    I managed to grab a copy of 'VEGAS 4.0 + DVD' which incorporates all sorts of goodies yet to be discovered.
    I have however managed to create a DVD back up of a sci-fi series episode (Farscape) which was an MPEG 1.
    Took about 6 hours to render & 30minutes to burn (tried burning using utility in DVD Architect because my Pioneer 104 is supported but went back to using Nero 5.5.10.20 instead as burning software in DVD Architect doesn't tell you what your about burn).
    I didn't try converting NTSC to PAL although I am british because I have a decent stand alone DVD player (Sony 305) & a cheap but reliable 28" TV which both play both TV formats (Nicam VCR does also : )
    I wasn't at first able to convert an AVI straight to DVD (-R) although I know this DVD Architect software does it. The maual had to be downloaded cos it's...well I d/l 1 manual for VEGAS 4 & 1 for DVD Arch. and 9-10MB of info to gumpf up on.
    LMAO
    I'm watching the resulting DVD-R now and I must say that I am very impressed with the quality of this product.