1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX player for PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by deltoid, Sep 20, 2004.

1. deltoid

deltoid Member

I was just wondering if anyone here knows of a decent DivX player for PS2. Preferibly one which would play the movie from a network drive (ie my pc).

I have a PAL ps2 with HDLoader.

2. arandil

arandil Member

i use ps2 reality but i don't know if it reads from hdd

3. deltoid

deltoid Member

For that do you have to burn the DivX movie to a CDR then play it that way?

I'm really after one which will play from a network drive. I found one awhile back but lost the link and can't seem to find it again.

4. madhops23

madhops23 Member

You cannot play PS2 reality from the hard drive. You have to make a data cd or dvd. Their web site says that it can play from a server, but i do not know how.

5. peotoy

peotoy Member

I'm Interesting in buying a PS2 and a DVD/DIVX player this year , but somone told me that PS2 can read divx cds , somehow ...
    From your comments, I C it can ! So I can buy only the ps2 and read DVD - DIVX films , VCDS , can you confirm please ????
    And how can I upgade it , to do so ??? And If the codex changes , How can it be upgaraded ???

6. teefyum

teefyum Member

You have a mod's PS2, then Divx/AVi files yes using PS2 Reality CD. Updates come from the software being updated. VCD/SVCD no.

Play DVD Movies on PS2 with unmod PS2 YES.

Might be better off getting a cheap standalone player by Apex that supports Vcd/Svcd, mp3s etc.

7. peotoy

peotoy Member

THANKS!! No I havent yet bought a PS2, I Had an idea for the next month, to buy a ps2 and a dvd/divx player, and I was wondering if with a ps2 only, I can do everything, Before I buy both!! I found the real player insallation for the ps2 (http://ps2r.dg2.org/150/downloads.html V1.5)and I was checking if some of you did it and how it worked, not to do something wrong! So if I buy a PS2 with MOD, there will be NO Problem for watching the DIVX and DVDs !!! But no VCDs ( that not a big problem for vcd ).
    Just to CONFIRM !
    Thanks a lot again !

8. peotoy

peotoy Member

CAN any body suggest me a good PS2 version( its requirments )? And a good mod chip for it , to use all the things mentioned above! PLEASE !
    Thanks for your help !!!