1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx Problem on DVD Player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by bizouman, Jun 30, 2007.

1. bizouman

bizouman Member

Hi group

I have some questions that I can't find anwsers....

I'm in Canada and I use a Pioneer DVR540 with DivX 5 and 6 built in and a Sony KTF55 TV

I download many .AVI files and most of them are DivX/XviD or DVD with PAL format
    I want to play them using the DixV decoder of my Pioneer, So I don't have to convert all of them to a DVD (I can put 4x 700MB AVI movie file on a DVD)

The problem is when play on PC everything is fine, when burn as ISO on a DVD, problem start.

File with 23.976 fps when play sound is out of sync and picture look fuzzy
    file with 25fps don't work (that I understand PAL)
    file that I convert with SUPER from 25fps to 29.97 sound is out of sync

But all of them, when burn into a DVD format using ConvertXtoDVD work like a charm....

Question: How can I convert AVI 23.97/25fps to AVI 29.97 and they will work fine on my DVD player ? Or what is the perfect setup to convert with SUPER ?? or other free converter

Why AVI play on PC work all the time and not when played on DVD (why is the DivX codec of the unit not doing the same thing as the PC ??)

Link me to a "Dummy free" way to rip DVD PAL to AVI NTSC that WORK !!

Or tell me, what the heck, burn them all on DVD, it will be easyer !

Thank you

---------
    They say that Canada is the world leading in CAM SCREENER, so why all the movie that I found is in PAL 25fps format !! Don't believe what you hear on the news !!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Just to be clear, the machine will not play a DivX or XviD file that is 25fps?

3. bizouman

bizouman Member

I don't think it will play 25fps movies, I also have a Cyberhome that can (but can't play DivX files) but something is wrong (TV or DVD, when I play PAL DVD it's flash and it's only BW..... put that's OK, I can transfert them to NTSC DVD

The main problem is I want to put on a DVD-R many DivX file so I can play them from the DVD player without to burn them to a DVD Format
    Every DVD can hold 4-5-6 DivX files....

But every attempt to convert from AVI 25 fps to a DivX 29.97fps fail to play correctly on the DVD player, the conversion is done, Gspot scan the file every thing is good, it's working when I play the file with Windows MediaPlayer, but when play on the Pioneer DVR-540H the sound is out of sync.

I also contact Tech support from DivX and even some DivX files on there website, when burn on DVD, the player tell me that the file can't be read !!

Thank you for your help

4. attar

attar Senior member

I went to the Pioneer Canada site and that model isn't listed.
    Think you should contact support and verify that problem/feature.
    I think all you have to do is burn the avi to DVD data disk.

My RCA plays DivX at 25 fps without complaint and haven't heard of converting frame rates just to play a file - I've burned dvd's with frame rate as low as 12.5 fps just to see slow motion effect and the player (Panasonic) only handles NTSC disks..