1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx reality media player problem with PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by X-Station, Apr 15, 2005.

1. X-Station

X-Station Guest

I recently trued using the Reality media player 1.5 for my ps2 to play divx stuff. I notice that it work on all 3 of my friends ps2 but not mine.

Then problem i had is that the during the browse screen the ps2 cannot read anthing off any of the DVD-R, DVD+R or even CD-R. The browse screen just remain empty as if no data on disc.

So i tried hooking it up with the pc with networking provided from the program. My ps2 plays the divx but then it is extremely laggy and jerky. ANyone had that problem??

Please help and give me suggestions

2. lio257

lio257 Member

Ok, if you have a softmod PS2 then you still need to use the disc swap trick to load the files from your DVD-R.

So do not hit eject to change your boot media for your DVD-R, instead swap the discs using whatever method you're used to.

This way Reality Media player will read the contents of the discs although personally I've never got it to play any of my mp3s, (no sound!)

Wish you better luck.