1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX to cd-r problem with nero 6 utlra

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by dekon, Aug 17, 2004.

1. dekon

dekon Member

Everytime I attempt to burn a DivX file onto a data disk, nero stops responding then crashes. It seems like nero is trying to modify the DivX file to (S)VCD or VCD format. Is there any way to burn a DivX file onto CD-R media without converting?

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

If you are trying to create a data CD, and you selected that format in Nero, then it will not convert the file. Only if you select the VCD or SVCD option will it try and convert the file as needed.

I have DivX 1.05 and have no trouble using our latest version of software posted on our website.

Regards,

Craig

3. dekon

dekon Member

The only problem is with CD-R's it works fine with DVD-R. It just hangs at 4% then crashes with a burn failure error.

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Try another brand of CDR media. The burn process for CD or DVD is the same, as far as basic commands issued by our software to the recorder.

Regards,

Craig

5. dekon

dekon Member

got it to work...
    I needed to decrese the burn speed from 52x to 16x. Once that was set the DivX and XviD files burned without any complications. Thanks for the advice and input =)

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

And "some" people thought I was incorrect when I instruct them to read& burn slow, especially video :)

7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Shoey,

I would have to say that is one of the Golden rules of trouble shooting Recording problems.

That and always upgrade software; firmware; drivers, and try more than one brand of media. :)

Regards,

Craig