1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIVX to DVD audio out of sync

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by C.j., May 24, 2004.

1. C.j.

C.j. Member

Does anyone have a problem with their audio being out of sync after the DIVX is rendered to Mpeg2/DVD. I haven't tried the method described on this site yet. I used DVD Architect which does a great job of authoring and rendering the process all in one. However, the audio gets out of sync. I opened up the DIVX file in Vegas 4.0 and I can line up the audio track to sync it. I can then render it to Mpeg2. This will work. Should I try the method on this site? I need to know if anyone has tried it to make sure I wont have the problem.

Thanks all...C.j.

Last edited: May 24, 2004
  2. mickas

mickas Guest

Hey mate i use nerovision express 6...to convert avi to dvd and it did the same ..audio out of sync...i then split the avi in two and imported both into nero 6 and it worked ok no out of sync....but u do get a 1-2 second delay on the dvd when changing chapters...did that ok once but now with other movies i play on dvd stand alone the audio drops in and out constantly..but if i put them in my pc dvd-rom htey work ok...stand alone is ok and brand new but doesn't seem to like mpeg audio.....going to try TMPGEnc tonite.....fingers crossed.....mickmck

3. C.j.

C.j. Member

Ahoy there! Yep, all of my Divx CDs play fine on my computer too. The out-of-sync audio problem, when converting to mpeg2/DVD format, occurs because of a frame drop out in the Divx video. I notice this when I opened the Divx file of the movie Takedown in Vegas Video 4. There is part where the movie has crazy looking, color pixelation. At this point is where the audio gets out of sync. Only a Divx player will correct this. So I had to fix the problem in Vegas Video 4.0 by adjusting the audio track to sync it up and then rendering it to mpeg2/DVD. Let me know how TMPGEnc works out for you. Thanks....C.j.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2004
  4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Did you select the correct framerate when ripping the video? :)

5. mickas

mickas Guest

Just a quicky ...i used TMPEnc with no probs...no out of sync...or glitchy audio....imported into TMPEnc DVD Author to convert to VOB's...then burnt off with NERO all being successfull....i set everything up in TMPEnc to be converted and played as a PAL DVD...

6. mickas

mickas Guest

Praetor i didn't rip the AVI in the first place...it was downloaded.....so i couldn't set the frame rate....i only changed it in TMPEnc when converting from avi to PAL DVD

7. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i see, was the source PAL ?

8. C.j.

C.j. Member

Now I see...the frame rate is in PAL. My DVD player can play PAL, thank God. I was setting it up all wrong trying to convert PAL into 29.97 fps, NTSC. I used AVIcodec software and it gave me the correct fps. Thanks all, for the info.

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ praetor, hey man hows it going (now that the pleasantries are done) i have just seen this thread and although i used the guide on the site i still couldnt get the audio synch to work.(and before you ask yes i had all the setting right)

My solution was to try cucusoft's avi2mpg (ntsc).Once convertered it was simple to use Tmpgenc dvd author to clean it up and install the menus and funny enough the synch prob with the audio was fixed as well.

have a nice day

andmerr

10. mickas

mickas Guest

So where do i get this cucusofts avi2mpg convertor...is it better than tmpgenc plus....or easier....how do i go about converting to pal....

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2004
  12. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Could the out of synch thing be because you are burning too fast? :)

13. mickas

mickas Guest

Ok to recap after i have burnt the dvd my prob was audio out of sync to the end of movies with nero vision express...prob solved cut the movie in two parts covert them and burn them and play ok......the prob i now get is the audio drops out every 5-6 secs if i play it with 2 x standalone dvd players..but if i put it in my pc dvd-rom it plays fine....both stand alones are new....dvd-rom is 12 months old....i now am trying TMPGEnc PLUS and DVD AUTHOR......seem to b going well...but nero alot quicker......

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

praetor i tried burning my project at 1, 2,3 &4 speed but all came out with the same outcome .Audio out by 1 to 2 secs.Still couldnt fathom it maybe the tmpgenc i am using is flawed .After 48 hrs of converting with tmpgenc i gave up and found a substitute program but i would still like tmpgenc to be the one i use.

15. mickas

mickas Guest

.....and the fun goes on and on........coverting a downloaded (DivX XviD whatever)avi to dvd.....if TMPGEnc doesn't work or like it use that cucusoft's avi to dvd coverter....but it ain't free...just find an old version still works fine......use TMPEnc dvd author to convert it to VOB's....use NERO to burn it off at 2 x ...anymore and it won't play on certain standalone's (not sure why).....(audio drops out...or goes out of sync or the movie skips...or it won't play at all...)gota love it......my brain is fried.......

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

mickas my friend nothings every free, thats why i have i have to work during the day.But the end result for me is now fixed .

17. b3ckm4n

b3ckm4n Guest

I'm having the same problem (using an XvID file instead of a DiVX), the video and audio are out of sync, where the video is playing faster than the audio. But another problem is I need to get subtitles on the movie, so I can't use the authoring programs like TMPGEnc DVD Author to do it. Does anyone have a solution for getting the AVI to MPEG2/MP2 in sync with subs? I also tried this guide to fix the sync, but it's next to impossible to get it to work and takes about 20 min a try... http://www.videohelp.com/sync.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2004
  18. mickas

mickas Guest

I think i have now sussed out everything ....but i am sure there will be one movie to stuff me.....TMPGEnc dosen't like XViD...either does the AVI to SVCD/DVD convertor.....I first scan the movie with DIVFix or VitualDub to find the bad frames and delete them at the previous key frame and save that section ...i save the movie in sections depending on the amount of errors.....also i resync all parts,convert audio to PCM Audio,Video i recode to DiVX at 1000 Kbps.....all done with virualDub....u end up with an AVI about 2Gb ....saving/re-encoing the file takes about half hour or so.......i then put that avi into TMPGEnc V3.0 convert movie into PAL DVD with pcm audio, i have tried ac3 and works fine too u just have to stuff around with the settings ...if u encode with ac3 make the movie 1 Gb bigger cause PCM is uncompressed and ac3 is compressed..... i did a 2 HR movie and made TMPGEnc convert the movie to 9 GB so by the time i got to TMPGEnc DVD Author and convert to ac3 and unchecked the 'stay below 8000 Kbps' option , the movie shrunk down to 3.5 GB...........which was perfect.....It takes alot of brain frying but its fun :) ... anymore probs and i'll try to help... Its all great learning curve....chow

19. b3ckm4n

b3ckm4n Guest

How did you shrink the file? I have one that when it is in the authoring programs reads around 5 gigs, I'm not sure how to shrink it... I fixed (by using a different encoding program) the sync error but the VOBs I got are, all together with subtitles, 5 gigs. Does anyone know any way to shrink it so it will burn?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2004
  20. mickas

mickas Guest

What compression have u got on the audio?????
    If its PCM u can convert to mp2 compression or if u got the license to ac3 u convert to that with TMPGEnc DVD Author.....both of which reduce file size.....PCM is best audio but u loose video quality too......ac3 is very good plus u get very good wuality video......