1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx to MPEG2

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Mund, May 23, 2003.

1. Mund

Mund Member

Please can someone help.

I'm trying to convert a Divx file to mpeg2 so that I can record it to a DVD and play it back on a stand alone dvd player. Problem is that no matter what I do the audio is always out of sync. I am using VirtualDub and TMPEnc. Is there another software I could use or am I using the wrong settings??

Please help. I'm about to start pulling my hair out if I cant sort this problem!!

2. wildy91

wildy91 Member

try decompreeing the audio first....to pcm

3. PopWeasel

PopWeasel Member

Mund, this is a common problem and thankfully not a hard one to fix. Search for and download a program called Simple Synchronizer (www.google.com). Use it to quickly and easily find the offset between your avi (video file) and wav (audio file). Then use VirtualDub to mux (join) the audio and video together, using the audio offset number previously obtained with Simple Synchronizer.
    Cheers.

4. Mund

Mund Member

Cheers Mate. I'll give that a go.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Decompressing the audio is the best idea before encoding but DO NOT seperate the video and audio source's and then try and encode, you are guaranteed out of sync problems that way!! Also, TMPGEnc is good but not the best for MPEG-2, the best would be CCE SP! I know its also the most expensive though! lol. I wouldnt recomend you bother make a dvd out of a divx re-enocde because it would be faster and easier to create an SVCD and the quality would probably be the same if you used CCE SP! However, you have to use more than 1 disk then and maybe you dont like that! lol

6. PopWeasel

PopWeasel Member

Dela, Mund would actually be allright if he chose to follow my instructions. I showed him how to fix the sync problem. It works. Give it a go sometime and see for yourself. Simple Synchronizer is really a great little program for this task. :p

By the way, what's this CCE SP you are mentioning in the threads? Is that an abbreviation for some program? How much is it and what's the website url?

7. Dela

CinemaCraft Encoder. By far the best MPEG-2 encoder!!

8. PopWeasel

PopWeasel Member

Hah, does that encode to DivX? I'm assuming it does because DivX is the best and you're using it and you're the best too so... ;)

9. Interrupt

Interrupt Guest

OK, so new to this....

I have the software recomended above (CCE)

but I have no idea what to do now, when I conver the divx file will it all take care of itself, I have never used the product so any help would be appreciated

thanks

10. Dela

PopWeasel
    CCE SP is the best to encode from Divx/Xvid to MPEG-2 excellently.

Interrupt
    Use it with DVD2SVCD!!

11. PopWeasel

PopWeasel Member

Ahh, I gotcha then.

12. Dela

lol, good!

13. Interrupt

Interrupt Guest

Dela

Ok I have been doing alot of reading on the boards and I'm starting to get a general picture of what I need to do here

I have CCE to covnert the DixX to Mpg2

I am getting DVD2SVCD to be the work horse

does DVD2SVCD allow me to author, to put in a menu and chapters?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]/\/\\/\/<><>BABA[select][start][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2003
  14. Dela

No it wont but what i recommend you do is set DVD2SVCD to NOT make images and use the mpeg files that bbmpeg will create with VCDEasy!

15. pst

pst Guest

Mund,I also had problems of this kind,and found a small glitch in the original .avi video that threw out the sync,used avifixjoiner(search in google)to fix the file.Check the framerate with virtual dub,if it is 23.976 you need to change content of video to film movie,in tmpgenc.(page2 of project wizard)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2003