1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX v3 To MPEG II

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 02004976, Aug 10, 2004.

1. 02004976

02004976 Member

Hey, i want to convert my DivX films back to DVD. I have already converted some AVI using TMPGEnc and works successfully. However, i came to start converting some other DVD Rips i had created and even tho AVIcodec said that the files were supported, TMPGEnc said that the file either could not be opened, or was unsupported. I really wnt to get these films onto DVD so any help is really appreciated.

-
    John

2. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    Yes that happens a lot. For that you go to:

Options --> Environmental Settings --> VFAPI plug-in tab -->

You will see DirectShow Multimedia Reader with usually a priority of -1. Change that priority to 2, or until it's at the top of the list. Just right click on DirectShow Multimedia Reader, and keep selecting higher priority until it's at 2.

If that doesn't work, visit the link below to find a couple of solutions to this problem!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40101

Hope that helps :)!

Regards,
    DiRect

3. 02004976

02004976 Member

Hey, thanks alot for the advice, i got it to work at last, i was missing the div ;-) hack codec, so i got that and seems to work, well i left it to encode overnight anyway, i'll get back to u with the results.

Once again, thanks very much for ur help, im not really that knowledgeable bout DVD-R media yet so i cant really offer u advice for u, but thanks for ur help, very appreciative.

Highest regards
    -John

4. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    No Problem. We're all on the forums to help everyone. It's a give and take forums. You help people and they will help you, but don't worry they don't expect you to answer questions you dont know :)!

Good Luck and welcome to our club :D.

Regards,
    DiRect