1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx - vcd. audio sync probs - have tried saving to wav 1st

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by interzone, Feb 21, 2003.

1. interzone

interzone Guest

Hi people,

I'm trying to convert a divx file to put on vcd.

I've done it a few times before with no problem, but i have one divx file that when i save as avi in virtualdub the sound is about a second behind.

I've tried saving the audio to wav 1st then used tmpenc to encode and i still get the same result.

When i load the file into virtualdub i get a message about the audio being improper VBR.

I should probably mention that the audio is out of sync from the start of the file (the amount of sync doesn't seem to change)

Has anyone got any ideas what to do??

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2003
  2. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

in tmpgencs settings go to the advanced tab and double click on source range there is an option here to correct the audio gap in miliseconds set this to 100 or so, i suggest you set a source range of a few minutes and encode to test if this corrects the gap or makes it worse if its worse set it to -100 and try again, its just a matter of getting the setting right before you encode the full movie,
    if the audio has vbr (which it does ) you must use virtual dub to create an uncompressed wav file to load into tmpgenc, this thread may help http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20270 read the whole thing the answer is there :)