1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx/Xvid Coverting setting to view on PS3 for all if us

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by rejokerr, Jan 17, 2008.

1. rejokerr

rejokerr Member

ok here's my deal.

Some avi's downloaded from the internet play and other don't. (here's one that won't play The[1].Nanny.Diaries.[2007]DVDRip.Eng.XviD-DUQA [mininova].torrent)

I've tried several converters, convertering the non playing avi to a playable avi only to have the quality be less then what other downloaded avi's of the same size are. Now I've used different software (Divx and afreecodecvt.exe) to see the differences in why 1 avi is playable and another is not and for the most part they all looks the same.

Does anyone have a converter and settings for it that create equal (non pixelized)quality playable avi's from non playable avi's with an output size roughly 700MB?

I started this thread hoping some of you would share your settings.

2. tobypsp

tobypsp Guest

Same here, this has happened to me, I put the complete Simpsons 1-18 on my PS3 but not one of 12-16 played!!!! I later found out,

The PS3 only supports Divx and a few xvids at a certain resolution. Occasionaly though, it will also accept .avi files, if it is able to recognise the codec used to display the file, it will play it... however, You cannot play an xvid at 1920x1080 but you can play a divx at 1920x1080.

My point is, if you want to play an avi file, change the resolution of the file you want to watch to that of an avi file that will work. I use Winavi and Divx Pro to change the resolution.

If it doesn't work, double check that the codec used it above DIVX 4, other people and myself have realied that Divx 3 and below dont work may not work

gd luck