1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx/xvid to .avi

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by pspnerd, Apr 2, 2007.

1. pspnerd

pspnerd Member

I had downloaded a program that does this, but I lost it. And I don't remember the name of the program. I just remember that I didn't have to install the program, it just run from the files i downloaded. Does somebody know what program I'm talking about?

(sorry for my bad English)

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Xvid is a codec, avi is a container. DivX is both, but the DivX container is just an extension of the avi container. Renaming to avi should work since any extra features (chapters, menus, etc.) should be ignored.

So what exactly do you currently have?

3. pspnerd

pspnerd Member

I know that. I just need a program that can get divx or xvid back to .avi

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

and as I said Xvid is just a video codec. Are we talking a raw Xvid stream here? Most likely it is already an avi and if you were talking about DivX as in the DivX media format, then again it is basically an avi. If you were just talking about DivX as in the video codec, then it is even more likely that it is already in an avi container.

Also possible that you have DivX/Xvid video streams by themselves or in another container. Which is why I asked what you have.

5. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

pspnerd..Just use auto gordian knot to convert.Me personally I just change the extinsion [MY.DivX to MY.avi].Is it the DivX Codec packet U don't like.Now me personally I like Dr DivX 1.5,it will do a 1hr30min movie in 3hrs 2 pass,on my slow 1.8 GHz Computer,with acceptable quality.I've not had any sync problems at all