1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sradcrazy, Dec 19, 2002.

1. sradcrazy

sradcrazy Member

So you are saying Divx to DVD for a stand alone DVD player is not even worth it? Most of my downloaded movies are from DVD rips, so I assume I shouldn't have much trouble with those movies. Hopefully I will find a DVD burner soon that fits my budget, then I can start experimenting with this.
    Thanks for the help.

2. framerman

framerman Regular member

Whoa, stay in the same thread. I almost didn't see you here. The thought process on converting dvd vob files to divx files and back to dvd vob files is the same as taking an audio file of 1440kb converting it to 128kb mp3 and then back. You just don't quite get the same file as the original. I'm sure there is someone that will disagree as far as getting the quality back out. There probably is a way. There usually is. I think you are really asking for headaches as far as audio syncing and frame rates, etc. I just don't go there. Now if you download original vob files, that's different. I was assuming you were downloading avi or divx files. If you are downloading vob files, it must take you forever to download. Each movie is like 4 gb's at least.

Don't let me discourage you from trying to convert the divx files. Let me know if you succeed.