1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY- burning two movies at the same time

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by xbatis, Jan 18, 2005.

1. xbatis

xbatis Member

I'am a newbie to this forum and i was wondering If there is a way to make my computer burn two movies at the same time..i Currently have two burners on my computer but I'am not sure if my motherboard if capable of doing this task..my computer is a PENTIUM III 533MHZ with 192 SD RAM...

[bold]HOW Can I mAKE the Burners burn @ the Same time?[/bold]

thanks

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

No, not with your computer. Burners would have to be on separate ide cables, your computer is too slow, and you probably don't have enough memory. Thats if its even possible to do.

3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

i would recommend an upgrade to p4, at least 256mb fast ram (prefer 512), and winXP if your not already running it (if you are it must be pretty slow???)
    Burning two movies at once of the same movie, different movies, or on the fly is never recommended as your far more likely to get errors/coasters
    ***Sony DRU 510a is only 4x, not 8x

4. xbatis

xbatis Member

^^^the computer i have has WINDows XP but I'am in the process of building a computer but i'am not sure if the motherboard that i want to get will be faster than the one i currently have...the one i want to get its a [bold]3GHz with a PENTIUM 4 Processor @ 800MHz[/bold] but i'am not sure how much RAM i should buy..

5. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

p4 3ghz will blow your current one out of the water, simple as that.
    As far as ram, buy as much of the best that you can afford, at least 256mb min, to run comfortably you need 512mb or even 1gb. the more ram the better

6. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

Personally, I would not burn 2 movies at the same times.

I'm somewhat patient :) I rather have 2 good movies than 2 coasters.

As for computers, I have an AMD 1Ghz and burning at 4x would not get me good results. I had to burn at 2x to stop the skipping and freezing on my DVD Backups.
    I use the LG-4040B (4x).

I now have a new Dell Dimension 8400 with the Philips DVD8631 (16x). It's a P4-3.2 Ghz with 512 Mb @ 533Mhz.

Now that beats all the PCs in the house combined !
    I can burn at 4x with excellent results on the same media used on the LG-4040B.

Moral of the story, NEW PC = Better results

My 2 cents...