1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY Gamecube Component Cable?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by cubelover, Jan 14, 2007.

1. cubelover

cubelover Member

Are there any DIY gamecube component cable tutorials on the net? I have done numerous searches for this as well as a 3rd party maker of the cable. Im sure all of you are aware that these cables are discontinued and go for about 60 - 80 bucks on ebay...Are there any hopes of using a Wii component cable and modifying it?

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

they are not discontinued but you can only get them from nintendo or on ebay for 80.00
    and all though people have tried to build there own the gamecube component cable has a special circuit built into its head for progressive scan to work corrctly

3. cubelover

cubelover Member

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/nintendogamecube/component_faq.jsp

from the nintendo web site:

Where can I purchase a Nintendo GameCube Component Video Cable?
    The Nintendo GameCube Component Video Cables are no longer available for purchase through Nintendo's Online Store. If you are interested in purchasing these cables, click here for tips on locating discontinued Nintendo accessories.

Does anyone have any links to the diy builds of the cable? The circuit building wouldn't be an issue,im fairly good with schematics and what not.

4. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

I got one from ebay for $30 used ,2 days ago, there are more.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  5. cubelover

cubelover Member

Any tips on snagging one that cheap? All the cables i see on the bay are 45-60 range

6. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

usually u can ask if you give them some money along with a trade. I traded a SNESv3 for some one to install a mod-chip in my xbox. No way you will know untill you ask them though. The guy i bought mine from isnt a registered user anymore so i couldn't help you out.

You can buy Component cables for the analog output but they aren't as good.

look at this one below:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PS2-XBOX-HDTV-C...ryZ21187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007