1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DL burns hangup playing

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by surf714, Jan 26, 2005.

1. surf714

surf714 Member

I too purchased a dual layer burner (HP530) and have updated the firmware, and updated my version of Nero. I've only attempted two burns of two different movies onto a DL, and while watching both copies the movie would just hangup about an hour or so into the video. I could use dvdshrink of these same movies, and burn the 4.7G version fine, and I know that is an option but does anyone have a solution? At $8 a coaster, I don't want to experiment too much.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Do you remove the original layer break before you burn with nero?

3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

I've read of a few people experiencing this problem with the Ritek dual layers but using the same procedures having no problems with the Verbatims.

4. Nick_Knox

Nick_Knox Member

I too have had problems with DL burning but I'm not sure if it's the DVD Writer (Iomega) or the Ritek discs. I still don't have a solution to this and it looks like nobody has an answer. I have no problems using Single Layer discs though. When the prices come down I might buy 1 Verbatim DL disc to see if it works.

For long films which I'd rather not shrink, I use DVD Shrink to split the film on to 2 Single Layer discs by using the Start and End Frames option. It's a good and much cheaper alternative.