1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DL Help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by marengo, Jan 23, 2007.

1. marengo

marengo Guest

Hi,

I haven't been on this site for a while now. I currently use DVD Shrink/DVD Decrypter/AnyDVD for backing up my dvd collection. I have been using TY DVD-R media for my backups. I wanted to venture into dual layer dvd media and wanted to know if my current programs will be able to do this? Will the Decrypter software write onto DL discs or will I need different programs. I have been searching the site but there is just so much to take in. Any help will be appreciated.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You gotta try ImgBurn . It's a free program that was written by LightningUK-same author as dvd decrypter.

It's a burn engine only,and very similar to dvd decrpter's ISO write mode.It's a more improved dvd decrypter,and can easily handle those Dl backups. Beware of Nero6.

Rip using Dvd decrypter's Mode ISO read to harddrive-rmember where those files go. Then open up ImgBurn,locate the mds files,select speed,and burn away. Any encryption problems,anydvd should be able to get through them-except for Saw 3 -LOL.

Here's some tips:

DL media: Make sure you get Verbatim.They are the best.Lots of people having issues with Non Verb DL media.I don't even know if there's any Ty DL media out there-none the last I heard.

+R DL media: -R DL media is a totally different format.If your burner can handle it,your stand alone player/s may not.This is where booktyping can help you out,if your drive supports it. ImgBurn,just like dvd decrypter,may be able to booktype the plus format to dvd-rom-depending on your burner.