1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DL'ing DVD2SVCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by crobb100, Feb 3, 2005.

1. crobb100

crobb100 Member

Hi-
    Every time I try to DL DVD2SVCD, I end up with a file called "Noleech.cfm" instaed of the zipped program file.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It seems the internet site you're dealing with points to a site which has forbidden the access to outsiders ('leechers').
    Look for DVD2SVCD elsewhere. Do you have problems if you get it here (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd2svcd.cfm)?
    If it has been removed (software banned because it is a 'DVD ripping' instrument), you can try to use this guide, if it exists: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd2svcd_with_tmpgenc.cfm (less automatic process, same conclusions...)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  3. crobb100

crobb100 Member

Yeah-that's the site I was using and it still gives me the "noleech.cfm" file instead of the zipped file.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

So, nope. Either get the application elsewhere or use tha old TMPGenc to make SVCD (read the other Afterdawn's guide. You'll need to put manually many settings in TMPGenc):
    1) Smartripper (DVD ---> .VOB)
    2) DVD2AVI ---> .VOB + TMPGenc --> .D2V project for TMPgenc
    3) FitCD --> Find corrrect settings for TMPGenc
    4) TMPGenc + .D2V --> (2 of 3, depending on the settings on the TMPGenc's VBR set page) SVCD mpeg-2 files.