1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DL'ing games and placing them on ps2 HD?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by khanibal, Nov 30, 2004.

1. khanibal

khanibal Member

Hi I just picked myself up a new 80gig HD as well as HDadvance 2.0. I'm wondering if I am able to download games from the internet and slave the new 80gig hd in my pc and place the dl'd games on it, then be able to boot hdadvance2.0 and play them? If not, is it possible to just throw .iso's on dvds/cd's and rip them to the HD using HDadvance2.0?

Ive been trying to get this answered answered all day. 0.o

thanks.

2. khanibal

khanibal Member

anyone? :(

3. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

do u have a mod on ur ps2, andyes, u can format ur hd for hdadvance and then put it in ur pc and use winhiip to get the hd recognized in the pc again and transfer iso's to the hd,

4. khanibal

khanibal Member

I do not have a mod for my system.

I had no idea HDAdvance runs off of ISO's! That's pretty cool. I use windows xp so usually whenever I slave a drive it is automatically detected and displayed in my computer. I will just go back and forth between PC and ps2 for games then, woot.

Oh and what difference does it make if I dont have a mod? I thought you didnt need a mod chip with this?

5. khanibal

khanibal Member

doh im dumb. I forgot I had asked about throwing ISO's on dvd's and whatnot - thats what the mod would be for.

heh thanks again

6. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

you dont need a mod if you buy the pressed copy of hdloader/hdadvance. but ull need a mod or something if u wanna put back up games on ur hd striahgt from ur ps2 of burned on a dvd