1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP HD Projector

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Raiten, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

I've been searching everywhere for a decent guide or recommendation on a DLP HD projector for the PS3. So far i've been able to decide on the Mitsubishi HD1000U. Keep in mind that I don't want to spend any more than $1500 if I don't have to.

I just want 1080i HD quality...1080p would rock...but i've yet to find a projector that can support that under $2000+

I've looked on cnet, searched Google...and nothing can answer my question as to which one would be best. Hell just which one people are using in general. I want HDMI inputs, 1500:1+ contrast ratio and at least 1500 Lumens (2000 preferred) and I also want the resolution to be at 1280X720.

Also, i'm new to the projector scene so if anyone can enlighten me on something I should really be looking for to get the best out of my PS3 graphics and technology, i'm happy to learn :D

2. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

i don't think htat you'll get many responses in the ps3 section- you're better off posting in the HDTV displays (TVs and projectors)section. ask a mod to move it for you via pm.

ps. in that price range, the hd100u is the best you're gunna get. the only other projector that comes close is the optoma hd70

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  3. hwalsh01

hwalsh01 Member

i use a dell 3300mp its goes up to 1080i ( i is the one worse than p isnt it ?) its nb picture quality but always goes into widescreen in 1080i, has a retarded connection called m1 which ud need an adapter m1 to component for hd. i think there discontinued but they still float around

4. airball

airball Regular member

Sanyo PLV-Z5. I do custom installations of home theaters in the Atlanta GA area. Pound for pound dollar for dollar, the Sanyo is the best projector for under $3000.