1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dm-500 not responding

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jvob, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jvob

jvob Regular member

hi guys.have flashed dm500 using dream-up several times.not working although it says box flashed successfully.still frozen on green light.any help appreciated,thanks.

2. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Your image might be corrupted, try loading the same image downloaded from somewhere else.

3. jvob

jvob Regular member

will do,thanks

4. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

jvob can you post back if it works please as it may help others.

5. piopat

piopat Active member

you say you have flashed several times before reflashing the dm500s did you erase the current image ,that box has a very small memory and so really is not capable of storing several flashes one on top of the other without the box having a problem .

i recommend you perform a flash erase ,you do this with dreamup . connect the box to the pc as normal and open dreamup ,look just above where you see flash and you should see flash erase (click on it to erase the current image ,it only takes a few seconds )if you have flashed multiple times without performing a flash erase i suggest you click on flash erase for each of the times you flashed .then flash the box as normal ,let us know how it goes .

6. jvob

jvob Regular member

thanks for reply.tried that,still no luck.i think image is ok because i used it recently on friends box.i dont have a clue what to do next,thanks

7. jvob

jvob Regular member

hi,guys.any ideas

8. jvob

jvob Regular member

hi,guys.any ideas

9. reswob

reswob Regular member

jvob,ask your friend for his box back and create a backup useing dreamup.open up dreamup and you will see the backup button once you have connected and switched the power to on.now you have the backup you can flash the box with this image but dont forget to do what piopat say,s{perform a flash erase a couple of times}again as dub12 said let us know what happened.

10. jvob

jvob Regular member

hi there.tried what you said,no luck.if you can think of anything else please let me know.thanks for help anyway.

11. jken

jken Member

buy another one m8 its looking like its fxxked . clone piece of shxxe had the same prob with a few . the luck of the draw when you buy them

12. reswob

reswob Regular member

jvob,jken might be right,but maybe fintann or piopat may have other ideas.give it a day or two and hopefully they will respond.best of luck mate.

13. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

need to jtag the box. never, ever had a dreambox that failed. however have had to jtag a couple. in this case its exact symptoms. search youtube jtag dm500 for further info

14. piopat

piopat Active member

i agree with fintann even clones rarely fail ,even with a fixed green light on boxes ive had a flash erase followed by a reflash sorted them .but once in a blue moon a box can fail and need a jtag ,you will get instructions online .

15. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

and funny that this thread should arise but I currently have my upstairs dm500 showing a green light and not responding. so now have to locate my null modem cable. know i put it away in a safe place but fecked if i know where that safe place is! what a twit

16. jvob

jvob Regular member

hope you have better luck than me,haha

17. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

will update you, have a new null modem cable in the post so will let you know when it arrives what happens

18. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

jvob,you could change the AC adapter that might be the problem i had 2 adapers pack in the last year,i took the AC unit off and run a cable straight into the box and had the same symtoms as yourself when i turned the telly on the Darkstar 2 image was on the screen the box would not respond to the remote, might be worth checking out the ac unit.

19. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

hi there.tried what you said,no luck.if you can think of anything else please let me know.thanks for help anyway.[/quote]
    If it's clone DM500, put it away in a press. Crowd in Dublin are selling them 50-60 euro.
    Would be cheaper than bottle of valium. When you have time to kill ressurect box & try to
    flash, even use diff version of Dream-up(1.3.2.1). I don't think Dream-up version is your problem, as box is accepting flash. Think I saw on diff forum about flashing from box to
    box with null-modem. Pio or fint might know

20. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

well had two boxes not responding but with the correct version of pli all fine now. so its most likely your version of dreamup