1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dm 800 image ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by chip7, Apr 30, 2011.

1. chip7

chip7 Member

bought this box
    BOOT 76 Dreambox 800 HD PVR S/C Receiver, DM800
    from dreamboxme

i think there is an imagine on the box as when i turn it on i get a screen saying enigma 2- is this the image already installed ?
    i also see something about cccam so do i not need to flash this box ?

2. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

Hi that image will be ok there is another called blackhole for clone boxes (i presume its a clone)you can install cccam easily using the remote control just press the green button then yellow press ok to addons download manager then ok to nabilo E2 image cams sroll down cccam 2.1.3 complete and press ok only takes a short while now exit back to tv channel now press the blue button just highlight cccam 2.1.3 and press ok job done.

3. chip7

chip7 Member

Sounds good.
    Thing is I have already tuned in all the free to air stuff on astra 28.2E
    And astra 19.2E.
    I didnt need to flash or load cccam.
    It was already on the box.
    I have a dm 500 also new have not opened it yet.
    Do i need 2 boxes with the same image on them if I decide to do internal c/s.
    If so is there enigma2 for dm500 ?

4. e45

e45 Regular member

Yep blackhole is a good image to have on box

I added all these on to mine

newcs167+cccam213

CCcam 2.1.3 complete

oscam+cccam213

mgcam 1.35a full or 135+newcs167

you dont have to as 213 will work fine for 28e

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

dm500 is enigma1, dm800 is enigma2

6. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

No you don't the one recommended for the 500 is darkstar I have this working very well also for almost 12months now,chip have a look at a newbies guide it's by piopat and it can be found here on after dawn definitely have a good read all you need to know is on this guide comeback if you get bogged down.
    Regards/jack...

7. chip7

chip7 Member

So if I am doing internal c/s with a dm800 and a dm 500 they dont have to have the same image on them ?
    What if I was doing c/s externally... Would I need the same image or not in that case ?

8. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

Chip it looks like you haven't done what I proposed above simple answer is no please read or other members will start giving out because these type of questions have been answered a good few times this tutorial by piopat is the bees knees all you need is in there from internal to external sharing and much much more as I say we are here to help if we can but please take the effort to read the huge amount of work that went into that tut it's really interesting

Regards/jack...

9. chip7

chip7 Member

Ok sorry about that ,I have only skim read that tutorial to date.
    I'll read it fully and thoroughly when I go to do it but I just don't recall a reference to those 2 boxes I mentioned and images, which is why I felt the need to ask.
    I will in turn give something back to this forum shortly- may even turn out to being a sticky as I learned a huge amount in setting up my motorised satelite system recently and I think I could save other newbies to satelite the hardships and difficulties that I went through.

10. chip7

chip7 Member

Ok sorry about that ,I have only skim read that tutorial to date.
    I'll read it fully and thoroughly when I go to do it but I just don't recall a reference to those 2 boxes I mentioned and images, which is why I felt the need to ask.
    I will in turn give something back to this forum shortly- may even turn out to being a sticky as I learned a huge amount in setting up my motorised satelite system recently and I think I could save other newbies to satelite the hardships and difficulties that I went through.

11. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

Chip that's no problem as you're dm800 is already to go the 500 is a little different to flash you'll need a null modem cable as opposed to the 800 can be flashed in two minutes thru the web flashing the 500 may take 15 minutes but maybe this too is already flashed the tut has all you need to set Cccam etc. Good luck with the dish.

Regards/jack.....

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

you can load a dm500 image in a matter of seconds by renaming the image to root.cramfs, loading it into /tmp then use the software update in the menu options to flash the image. to be honest if your dm500 system came with image already installed i would just use it as is. if cccam is also installed then even better. all you need do is put a cline in it to direct it to your dm800 server. gemini/nabilo/pli are much of a muchness so just use what you have. the cline is clearly explained in piopats tutorial. all you need to do is save this in cccam.cfg and put this in /var/etc and off you go