1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DM800 setup assistance

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveOwen, Jun 29, 2011.

1. SteveOwen

SteveOwen Member

Hi guys

I am new to this scene, I have purchased a Dreambox DM800 HD from China, it has bootloader 82
    gemi5.1
    sim2.01
    alps M tuner.

It all works but I want to add a HDD to it, I put an NTFS hard drive into the thing and nothing happens, I've now taken it back out and am formatting it as FAT32. Is that all I need to do or is there something else that I'll need to do once it's in?

Also, I'm looking to add an EPG to it but it says about editing some files, how do I go about that?

I guess I need some sort of newbie guide if one exists?

Also, what is the best software / skin / etc to use? It needs to be fairly easy to use as the Mrs will struggle with anything harder to navigate than a sky box?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

dream elite is the best image. suggest you do not use internal drive but esata external drive. ntfs is the best format as fat32 has a 4gb restriction that will impact you recording films. go to menu/setup/system/harddisk and initialize the disk. do not connect your disk to a laptop and do not format it using windows.

3. SteveOwen

SteveOwen Member

Are there any step by step instructions on how to set up dream elite? I'm really struggling to get the hard drive and EPG to work on the Gemini/Enigma setup that I currently have.

Also, does it work with bootloader 82 that I have?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  4. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

you have to mount the hdd and map it, should have options in device manager, in set up menu

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011