1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dmbox

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mandy07, Dec 20, 2011.

1. mandy07

mandy07 Member

hi was wondering could anyone tell me do dmboxes work in ireland thanks in advance

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

for satellite yes, all else no

3. mandy07

mandy07 Member

thanks for reply at the moment all i have is free to air box which works off a satalite dish will the dmbox work off that .does the dm box have to be flashed when you buy it or does it come flashed

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

fta is fine. at least then you know that the dish is correctly pointed and coax cable works fine to your receiver. after that all you need to learn is a bit of linux :)

5. mandy07

mandy07 Member

thanks again for your help ,the guy thay actually told me about the dm box brought his over and it works perfectly in my house he told me he could get me 1 for 220euro and it would be 100euro yearly after that should i go with that do u think

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

suggest you push him a bit. dreambox 500 is a standard definition box, dremabox 800 is a high definition box. yes accept if the box is a high definition box and eur100 yearly is good for high def channels. 1 month free period so you can see that high def works is an obvious!!!!!

7. mandy07

mandy07 Member

1 more question was wondering what is the internet usage of this box

8. darn24p

darn24p Regular member

i would say to get an easier box for ur first 1 as if u dont no what ur doing it can be pretty hard as for updating and getting the channels when freq change is the guy gonna do all this for u also remember it is a gamble as the server can go at anytime i would suggest a blade or openbox s11hd or there are loads of starview hd combos over ur way alot cheaper and works great very easy to set up as for 220 euro i would say thats steep but im a tight wad lol u can get an openbox s11hd with yr sub for around £160 dont no about postage to ireland tho if u need help pm me.

9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

internet usage is approx 128 bytes every 7 seconds. To put that in perspective it is 0.0000001 Megabytes per second