1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMR-E75V error U99

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by TM2505, Nov 9, 2004.

1. TM2505

TM2505 Member

I just acquired a panasonic DMR-E75V from a friend and seem to be having a few issues with it. They bought a new one and I bought the old one(which is 2months old) for like a hundred dollars in hope that it can be repaired and work without the cost of buying a new one. Anyway, when you turn the unit on it seems to power up fine with the exception that the display reads the time and U99. The door to the VHS aswell as the door to the DVD will not open when prompted to and I dont know much about these things anyway so I'm kinda up the creek without a paddle so to say. I'm not totally lost when it comes to fixing things and can usually be give directions and things seem to be fixable for me so, if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. I have done some reading online and found that this U99 error seems to be the result of a disk being stuck? Is this true? Is my machine fixable or should I just give up on it? Any help would be great.

THANKS

2. TM2505

TM2505 Member

I just acquired a panasonic DMR-E75V from a friend and seem to be having a few issues with it. They bought a new one and I bought the old one(which is 2months old) for like a hundred dollars in hope that it can be repaired and work without the cost of buying a new one. Anyway, when you turn the unit on it seems to power up fine with the exception that the display reads the time and U99. The door to the VHS aswell as the door to the DVD will not open when prompted to and I dont know much about these things anyway so I'm kinda up the creek without a paddle so to say. I'm not totally lost when it comes to fixing things and can usually be give directions and things seem to be fixable for me so, if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. I have done some reading online and found that this U99 error seems to be the result of a disk being stuck? Is this true? Is my machine fixable or should I just give up on it? Any help would be great.

THANKS

3. E85H

E85H Member

U99 on my E85H means The unit fails to operate. On my unit, with power off, pressing stop and channel Up for five seconds will eject the disk tray.

You can download manuals from panasonic.com

4. dzd&cnfzd

dzd&cnfzd Member

Does your unit have a hard drive?
    Sometimes the hard drive gets screwed up while editing and will give the U99 error.
    So far there are only two available fixes

1)Pull the hard drive and do a low level format or

2) Take the unit to a service center.

Check the Panasonic web site and/or give their thech services line a call.
    Dazed & Confused

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004