1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMR-E80H - Dubbing problem

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by lugslady, Oct 16, 2004.

1. lugslady

lugslady Member

I have had my recorder about a year now. I have used several brands of dvd-r to record my movies. I seem to be having the problem when I go to dubbing and insert a blank disc it tries to read and says that it is non-recordable. I have this problem 3 times withing 1 year. I've taken it to the repair shop and they say nothing is wrong and I get it back home and seems to work fine. Is there something I'm missing here? Does it need to be re-initialized? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. dzd&cnfzd

dzd&cnfzd Member

I have found the Panasonics are very picky about the Media. Some disks work some times and not at others. Some will record and not finalize. Verbatims seem to work ok. Memorex 4X work good but 8X will not. I think you have to try differnt media out and see what works. Maybe we should start a thread reporting what works well and what doesn't It would be handy to have oters experiences to draw on when looking at what is on sale and if they work or not.

3. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

I have a panasonic DMR E-30 and it records fine with
    dvd-r 4x only. If I try to record with any other format I can just forget it! and yes Memorex is fairly cheap media but it agrees well with panasonic
    for some reason. I personally prefer Ritek Ridata media over all other media.

4. dzd&cnfzd

dzd&cnfzd Member

Memorex has worked well for me as well. I hace some that I think is 2x and it does process slowly but no failures so far. The other one I was amazed with was the Value-Data from Office Max 24.95 - 29.95 for a spindle of 50 They work great! (Ugly blue color though) I've heard several people mention Ritek but I've never seen them. Where do you buy them?

5. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Yea my Memorex dvd-r 2x still records well in my Panasonic recorder as well. You can find Ritek Ridata media at www.supermediastore.com

6. dzd&cnfzd

dzd&cnfzd Member

Thanks, I'll check it out.