1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS 3 Mod Install Problems on PS2 v4 (Gap Bios) System acts as though no chip is installed!.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by D.T, Jul 3, 2003.

1. D.T

D.T Member

I have recently manaully installed a DMS3 Mod chip. After thoroughly checking connections on my PS2 v4 Gap main board like ensuring points D&E are isolated as well and using thick wire for a 1cm ground cable, the system just acts as though there is no chip installed. All original Games & DVDs work fine, im just not having any joy when trying to load up my Backups !

Has anyone else experienced this ??
    Please Help!!

2. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

Thats how dms3 act if you don't have much experience with it. try the www.dms3.com\forum
    lots of help over there.

3. D.T

D.T Member

Thanks for your reply "ELI_ICE".
    I have already tried getting onto the DMS 3 forum but am unable to register! (The DMS website does not except my email add. for some reaseon, I get "error! invalid email address", very strainge!!!)
    I would very much apprieciate it if you could login to the DMS forum and copy'n'paste any information regarding a possible solution to my problem.

This would be very much appriceiated !! :)

Cheers ELI_ICE.

p.s. my email is: davidinniss@dsl.pipex.com

4. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

does other functions work?
    DMS explorer, reality player , megamemory?

also try to use thicker wire for the 3.4v.
    cut down all the length of the wires if possible. use twisted pair for D & E._X_X_X_X_X_[small]ELI the ICE man!
    Overclocked 1800+ Palomino[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2003
  5. D.T

D.T Member

Thanks for your reply ELI_ICE,

Finally after being able to access the DMS forum I have applied a complete re-install, starting from scratch (This time with all wires lying flat against the board as recommended) I am now able to play multi-region DVDs and original Playstation 2 games but the system still does not recognise PS2/PSX backup media and i am unale to load thd DMS explorer software!

Sounds like there is still possibly an install fault??

However, I feel that I am getting there, "slowly but surely".

Please Help!!