1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS 4 EZI Pro Install Problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mlemaire, Apr 19, 2007.

1. mlemaire

mlemaire Member

I have a DMS 4 EZI Pro installed in my slimline v15 PS2. Everything is in and when I turn it on, I get a black screen. Now, I have read the install manual and it says to make sure that the ground loop is screwed in tightly, and if that does not help, try soldering a new wire from the GND part of the chip to another (and closest) GRD point on the motherboard. Only problem is this: where is the nearest GND point? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

the whole outside of the motherbourd (the copper colour bit) is gnd

3. ancient23

ancient23 Member

Hi - had exact same result as you
    Have you managed to get it working - i resecured my ground - i turn on the test panel with 9v power only - all lights -red and green light up - then i attach the ffc ribbon to the ezi mobo - no lights come on red or green - the instructions are abysmal - two photos show the ffc ribbon fitted different way round. Now i have accidently snapped the reset button mini pcb connector.
    which instructions did you use
    please advise
    regards

4. mlemaire

mlemaire Member

Hey ancient, yeah, i still get nothing. I have tried soldering the GND to different spots, but all with same result. And yes, the provided instructions are quite horrible...in fact some of them are completely contradictory. I love how EZI is supposed to mean effort zero installation...my ass it is. So now I am completely at a loss for what to do...any suggestions anyone?