1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS pro or SMD 3.3 better???

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by B0X, Mar 12, 2005.

1. B0X

B0X Member

I have a V4 PS2 and it's hard to read the DVD-R backup, I have already changed the lens~~ then I still cant not boot the disc which i burned.. I have already burn the disc with 1X 2X 4X speed , but still cant load, is that my PS2 have a problem or my chip in my PS2 is gonna broke up?? cuz that's the used ps2 from my friend, then I dont wanna throw it away, is it the mod chip is better than swap magic disc???? but my cousin's disc that he burned that I can boot in and play it.. but my disces just only use swap magic CD disc to load a bigger TOC game then can play it~~~can someone tell me what the heck is that mean??

2. spyman

spyman Regular member

your laser that you replaced that doesnt work, did you make sure to unshort it if you bought one new.

also make sure its the correct laser replacement, i believe v4 is 400-b .

lastly you may have to adjust height, angle etc.

Make sure originals work, before worrying about backups.

Make sure the backups you are making are on good quality dvd-r and make sure you are burning it correctly. Disc @ once mode, finalize session in nero.

if the modchip is installed correctly its better than swap magic discs.

SMD is a pain to use, you have to put the discs in, let it load, and swap it with a backup disc. you cant use the eject button, you need to buy a slide card, that will force the drive open, or replace it with a fliptop case.

P.S I am not sure what you actually wrote :p
    but this is the info I have on some of the stuff it seems you are asking.