1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dms pro s.e or crystal chip 2.0 sle

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by bpp24, Apr 28, 2007.

1. bpp24

bpp24 Member

Hi, I have a v12 ps2 and I'm looking to get a good quality mod chip installed. Basically I'm choosing between the dms pro s.e. and crystal chip 2.0. The things I'd like to do are, run back-up games, play pal games on ntsc tv, boot to a media player from flash memory on the chip, use an emulator, and use a hdd to run games. Does the crystal chip have some sort of OS similar to ToxicOS?
    are all these possible with either of these two chips?
    which is better/recommended?
    thanks for any opinions.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

i would go for the crystal chip and use HDL.

3. bpp24

bpp24 Member

thanks, what is the best way to connect a hard drive to use with hdloader?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

either one would work for what you want since you have a V12. You can only use an external hard drive anyway unless you go all out and spend some money. The advantage that the crystal chip has is an active firmware team, and it can auto patch for online play.
    The DMS4 Pro SE has the ability to run internal hard drives, a built in cheat device, and a built in ELF loader.

Some things to note:
    1. if you want to have better game compatibility & faster load times you need to have your V12 put into an HD Combo case so you can have an internal drive. Not only that the case has dual fans to help with overheating issues.

2. ALWAYS get a laser fix installed with your chip on any V12 models

do some research before you jump right into this. IF you spend the extra money, get the HD combo, chip and laser fix with an internal hard drive it will be about as good as a V12 will ever get.