1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS3 chip problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by evoke, Apr 20, 2004.

1. evoke

evoke Member

i have a DMS3 modchip.i got it of a friend and put it in my pocket.All the wires were soldered on already.when i took it out of my pocket the ground wire broke of with a bit of the track board.

the ground wire is the biggest wire of all of them.

Does the ground wire need to be so big because i can just solder on another wire on the board but it will be alot thinner than the original one??????

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the ground wire has to be bigger than the others its recomended to be 20 awg or larger as shown in these diagrams http://www.psxtune.com/psx2/howinstall.html but it has been known for some to fit 2 thinner wires for the ground

3. evoke

evoke Member

thanks for your help.i will try and solder the 20 awg back on some how.

really appreciate your help

4. modsRus

modsRus Member

Be carefull when installing a DMS3. This chip is most sensitive to install. Don;t rush. Take your time and di it right. Take a break if you need to. Remember to get rid off all static electricity on your body before touching the chip or PS2 motherboard, or you will detroy either.

Good luck! Need any help private message me or post.

5. evoke

evoke Member

yeah i will thanks a million.

i have this anti static wrist band that will make sure i don`t have any static. i have a 12 watt solder with different bits on it.i will use the thinnest bit for more precise soldering.

i will PM you then when i get to a problem.i don`t think there will be much.

thanks alot