1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS3 EASY/OTHER INSTALLATION SOLDERING POINTS?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by aloamars, May 10, 2004.

1. aloamars

aloamars Member

Hi

I'm not english mother tongue so sorry if i make mistakes.

I have a PS2 V3 and a DMS3 V2 mod chip, some soldering points are not easy, is there someone who knows other soldering point?
    The points V U T S R Q are used for devmode, if you don't solder, then the others points are looks like to be the same than other chips ( c point is "reset", X is "SCEX" in comparison to the matrix infinity chip)

Some other mod chip use easier access soldering points, for exemple de ripper2 V2 gold (all soldering points are on the same side),

- QUESTION1:
    can the points F G H I N M K J be replaced by those used by ripper gold ( O P Q N M T U V)

- QUESTIONS2:
    can the C point (not very easy to access) be remplaced by the point "reset" or "res" used by chip such as ripper2 V2 gold, duo chip, MATRIX INFINITY.

tanks for any help.

2. evoke

evoke Member

I will give you a hand if you help me out. just answer some of my question and i will be able to tell you.

Is your a gap bios or non gap bios.

Does your Scex wire have to be solder on the other side of the motherboard(the side that does not +3.3 volts you need to power the chip)

Write back and we can help each other i am doing the exact same think as you are tring to do

3. aloamars

aloamars Member

Sorry i take time to reply because i was in holidays last week.

Here informations:
    i have a V3 with a gap bios
    the Scex wire have to be solder on the other side (opposite of 3.3v point side).

If you have any information, i'm really interresed, even if it's not sure information.

Tanks.

4. evoke

evoke Member

Same kind of board as i do. On the other side of the board where the Scex point is ,is there a shield or metal stopping you from soldering the Scex wire. That the problem i have. i am not sure if that sheild is glued on or is there a hiden screw some where.

did you have any luck getting is off.

Here are the sites that helped me to a point but it doesn`t tell me how to get that metal off.

http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/ and go to F.A.Q.

http://www.psxtune.com/psx2/dms3v3.html that will tell you alot

Can you reply. i have told you what i know can you help me out.

5. aloamars

aloamars Member

Hi

See the messia2 installation plans for v3, it gives more explanation on how to reach some points (how to remove power supply...)

here the link http://www.ominfo.com/plans/

but my interrest to find esier soldering points because 6 month ago i had put a DMS3 on a V3 and that was a really hard work.
    Now i have another DMS3 to sold on a V3, and i would like to find easier soldering points, i see that more recent chip such as ripper2 gold use easier points.
    So anybody knows easier soldering point for DMS3 on a V3 gap bios????

for the shield on the scex point i'll have a look on my V3, i reply you tomorrow.

6. evoke

evoke Member

No it is alright i figure it out. i took apart my PS2 last night. i took out the motherboard and tried to get the shield of but it was stuck on some how. i turned the motherboard upside down on the shield. i came back later and shield just came off. what was keeping the shield stuck was just a rubber pad glued to the shield and the middle chip.

thanks any way for trying to help.

was the sites i gave you any help. i don`t think there is any other soldering points. this is my first modchip installation it doesn`t look that hard if you use the razor blade way to solder the wires to the chip.
    here is a picture
    http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/razor.jpg

i will let you know how i got on anyway.

7. evoke

evoke Member

what do you mean by the C point is not easily accessed.
    do you mean. the C point is where you have to solder a wire to the resistor itself.

1. you can`t get to that solder point or
    2. you can`t solder the wire to the resistor

8. aloamars

aloamars Member

Use a rasor blade for the bios point and take your time:
    prepare the wire by putting some weld (very few) at the end and give it the shap you want (i order it be flat on the chip and then a turn to reach the pin, the turn must not be a hard angle), then put the rasor blade, put the wire on the chip pin, then use the soldering iron just one or 2 second. Then if the wire is correctly solded, glue it in order it do not move anymore

look instruction at http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/dms3/site.pl?page=installation

for a v3 i recommande you not to solde wires for dev mode because it is not so usefull and it is really hard to sold, so you risk to damage your ps2 for a not usefull mode.
    see the ripper2 gold plan at http://www.ominfo.com/plans/, wires for dev mode are indicated.

9. aloamars

aloamars Member

I can sold the C point, but if i remember well on the previous installation i have done, you have to sold it on a different board than the mother board. All other mod chips use a point one the main board which has an easier access.
    So my question is: is anybody knows if the C point can be soldered on a more accessible point (see the "reset" point for other chips).