1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS3 fried my laser?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by MJPByron, Aug 20, 2004.

1. MJPByron

MJPByron Member

I just got a v9/10 premod, and I haven't even had it for four days... I was playing a backup of a game that I got preowned from RedOctane, an online rental service (I purchased it, not rented, so no piracy, forum mods)- Air Force Delta Strike, to be specific. I'd been playing the PS2 for a couple hours beforehand, and in the middle of an AFDS mission, the music and voices stopped, but the engine and weapon sounds still worked and the game still played. The disc kept spinning, and it made a grinding sort of noise. I finished the mission in about a minute, and then it just gives me a black screen.

I turned the PS2 off (Not just in standby, all the way off) and waited for about an hour. From that point onward, it does not boot, period. I don't even hear the drive spinning. No startup screen, nothing.

Anyone have an idea as to what this is and how much it is to fix, or even if local repair places will fix it at all? I know that most places won't even touch a modded console, so I'd like to hear from all the major mod installers/repairers. I can only cross my fingers that the premodder's guarantee covers this. :-/

2. Fizz

Fizz Member

can you eject the dvd drawer, as sounds like your LA chip has gone a very common fault on version 9 so might not even be down to the DMS3 chip.