1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS3 in V4 PS2 - NOT Working

Discussion in 'PS2' started by schoolya, Mar 31, 2003.

1. schoolya

schoolya Guest

I just installed my DMS3 chip into my PS2, and it plays ps2 games in stealth (eject)and regular ps2 mode, and ps1 games in ps1 mode, but it does not play dvd movies, divx movies, it wont install the ps2reality player for divx, it will not run the explorer, It gives "disk read error" with backed up games (copies with sony dru-500ax using alchohol120% - on K Hypermedia DVD-R media). All my solder contacts are solid, and tested with a multimeter. I am stuck. Please Help Me...

Thanks In Advance_X_X_X_X_X_[small]P-4 2.4ghz
    120 Gig HD
    Rambus, 512 mb[/small]

2. _Filo_

_Filo_ Member

I dont have one and hav'nt installed one but I read the install guide. How about your GROUND lead? It is extremely short like they specified and of a appropriate thickness? How about the clock (I think its clock) connection that they specify you should run as short as possible and no over any components on the board?

Good luck

3. schoolya

schoolya Guest

The ground is short - 2 inches

4. jfriddle

jfriddle Member

the ground has to be under 2cm for the dms3, i also had this problem reading dvd discs, my install was great but it wouldn't read any dvd original or not, but read all cd and cd-r, went thru everything and found it was the cd drive. I did a switch from another unit and bam!!! it works great, plays the dvd originals and back-ups. only thing I can't get it to load the explorer and my chip was shipped 03/21 from the company so it should be a dms 2.0 I hope. butall else works 'cept getting the upgrade and explorer to go on from cd-r

5. jfriddle

jfriddle Member

sorry, by the way, my unit is a v7, so it might be harder for you to easily get a replacement drive, save ebx used department

6. schoolya

schoolya Guest

i did have a read problem, but I took the dvd drive apart, and cleaned the lens, adjusted the angle, and it reads everything. But it says "please insert a ps2 disk..." no error reading disks... Is there a way to do a hard reset on the chip? besides cycling the power 3 times?

7. jfriddle

jfriddle Member

no see this is the same problem i had and it was a bad laser, it read all cd games and would start reading the dvd discs then it would say please install ps2 disc, so i swapped the drive and nothing else and it worked problem solved, so i could have spent days on the damn thing if i kept looking for this wire touching here and there and solder here or on there or chip bad and any other bs problem idea everyone can come up with and it was that the stupid drive got messed up during install or something. but this is how i fixed the same problem...

8. schoolya

schoolya Guest

It actually does play ps2 games though, which are dvd based...

9. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

I have a v4 and installed the DMS3 and all I get is a blank screen. I voltage metered the connections and the install is PERFECT. This is by far not my first. Blank screen. I remove the chip and the system works perfect.

Anyone have any ideas???

Vegas