1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dms3 MODCHIP for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by ancient23, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ancient23

ancient23 Member

Hi
    go th ugrad iso file for dms3
    How do i install it
    Des it need special cd type
    do you need a specific software to burn it
    any advice appreciated

trid decrypter didnt work

do you hv to empt chip first

regrds

any sticky tutorial ddress appreciated

2. steimy

steimy Active member

3. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Well yes there are a lot of miss spelling there but even so you should know that Toxic BIOS wont work with the DMS3.

I'm going out on a limb here and assuming he already has the chip installed and wants to know how to upgrade it from a disc.

You will need a good quality CD-R and to burn the bin/cue of the ISO you can use Nero or CDRWIN as DVDecrypter is DVD specific.

I wouldnt even try to locate the most recent DMS3 upgrade from the official site as its not even listed there, you have to scour the forums to locate it. There is a better place to find a list off ALL the DMS3 bios's have a look here

http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=dms.html

Maybe if you reply you can explain better what you are doing and maybe us spell check this time :)

Have fun!

4. ancient23

ancient23 Member

Hi guyz it had been a long night searching the net

1 i have a ps2 with dms3 modchip fitted
    2 i have now a newer firmware
    3 i burned the iso to a cd looked ok in windows explorer
    4 i tried loading it -but no way would it load into chip just kept getting ps2 browser
    5 do you have to remove the firmware from the chip installed before blowing the new frmware or should it just overwrite
    6 is there a certain software you should use to write the cd like nero or should any iso writer work
    7 should i use only a cd-r etc

i appreciate your answers regards

5. ancient23

ancient23 Member

p.s. I forgot
    How do i know if i need the elf upgrade or just one of the others

this is existing
    ps2 version euro 0170 23/02/2003
    dms hardware v9
    dms flash version 2.2

regards

6. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

What is your PS2's version ... the SCPH# is helpful in figuring this out. If its an older console your laser might be worn and not reading your CD-R, that is if you have burned it correctly. Any ISO burning app sould work fine, the ELF only version are for those that want to upgrade by means other then a disc, like with the dev1 mode of the DMS3. Yes you need to use a CD-R, the ISO inst formatted for DVD discs.