1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS3 (Not Plus) Won't play PS1 Games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by razarg, Oct 15, 2007.

1. razarg

razarg Member

I have a V9 PS2 that I purchased pre-modded with the DMS3 chip (original not plus.) I have had it now like 2-3 years and since the day I have bought it I have not been able to play ps1 games (original or backup.) The PS2 will play Video DVD's, homebrew software, and PS2 original and backups fine.

I figured when I got it it must have been something wrong with the mod that disabled the PS1 part of the PS2. When you insert a PS1 disc, it does 1 of 2 things. 1: It gives the red "Disc Error" screen, or 2: it takes me back to the menu showing me that I have a PS2 disc inserted (when its really the PS1 disc) and if I click the PS2 disc icon, it goes black like its loading and goes again to the same screen.

I am not really sure what to do as far as fixing the internals, and I would rather not and I know my warranty is way gone by now too, but my question is, is there a way I could possibly "force" the PS1 to boot? (I have already tried using the shortcut of holding down the key on the keypad, it does the same as stated above either way.)

Is there some kind of software, that I could load then have it launch the PS1 disc in the tray? (Something that bypasses the official Sony menu?)

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. kyowulf

kyowulf Guest

Yeah!! Hold the O button and switch on your console(with the ps1 game). Keep holding it and press reset twice. That should boot the ps1 game just fine.