1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS3 problem solving help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Omega45, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Omega45

Omega45 Member

Ive got the chip installed. Everything went smoothly, and when I tried to boot it up, I got a black screen most of the time, but it would turn on, and I would be able to play burned games, so I thought that it may have been the CLK wire. So I opened it up and shortened the CLK wire as much as I could, and now it works all the time, except I have to wait about a second with a black screen for the PS2 to turn on. Is this normal? Is there a CLK alternate?

Anyways, onto my problem. It wont play some burned PS2 games like the Getaway, or Ace Combat 4. But it will play everything else I have. It just loads the PLAYSTATION2 sign, and stops at a black screen. Does anyone know how to fix this?

THX.

2. razarg

razarg Member

The waiting about a second is normal. Mine does it too. Had mine for about a year now, still doing perfect.

About the games, there is the occasional game or two that don't want to play, but it is usually the media or the method burned to blame, not the chip. Try different media/software and see what happens.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004