1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS3+ question

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by pevo, Oct 3, 2004.

1. pevo

pevo Member

I need help with a few things. I just recently installed my chip in a version v5/v6 and it acts as if no mod chip is in. It plays normal games and my backed up dvd's, but no backed up games. Help anyone
    Thanks

2. SCMods

SCMods Guest

make sure there are no cold solder joints and your gnd is atleast 24 aug and short .

3. scrop

scrop Member

I have exactly the same problem.

I followed the installation guides closely, I cleaned all the solder points before I solder, used flux, etc. My joints are all good. I tested all the connections with a multimeter after the install to make sure that wires didnt get mixed up. Still, I can only boot originals.

What could be wrong? Why the PS/2 just not work at all if the install was bad (like black screen or something)

4. SCMods

SCMods Guest

you will usually only get a black screen if there are solder bridges , what you have happening sounds like mixed up/missplaced wires or bad conections .

5. pevo

pevo Member

Thanks will check everything again. Will post if I find anything else.

6. mtvslick

mtvslick Member

I too have this problem. I am going to check my wires but have checked them twice already. I am using the PS2 HD(40Gig) network adapter and HDAdvance and my version is V5 can we compare our setups to maybe determan the prob?