1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS3 Trouble Install

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nakanenui, Nov 3, 2003.

1. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

Please help me with this problem, it is giving me a headache. Heres the deal: I am trying to install the DMS3 in my V8 playstation 2. I followed the instructions to the T and when I plug in to test, I get the black screen of emptyness and I cant hear the cd tray spinning the disc (either back up or original). I checked the connections and visually I do not see anything wrong. Has anyone come across this problem(s) and got it to work. What solder points should I check and recheck to get the cd tray to spin, and then how do I fix the black screen problem. I almost want to give up because its been a month now and after soldering three times a week trying to figure this out, I really am getting a headache. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me get this to work.

2. Bryan3404

Bryan3404 Member

I know how you feel. I have the same problem with my version 7 PS2, which is the same way you do the version 8. I also have the blackscreen on boot and the disc doesn't seem to spin at all. I can tell you what other people have told me, but they haven't helped me yet. Ok, make sure that your ground wire is very short, I mean less than a half inch. Make sure you are using 20 gauge wire for the ground and power. Make sure there is no solder in between the bios chip. Make sure that the d and e wires are flat against the chip. I have all of that done right and all my connections look good, but still nothing. Just a question, but where did you get your chip at. I got my DMS3v2 from www.mod-chip.com. I wonder if they are selling bad chips or this thing is just dang picky. If anyone knows how to fix this and lives in Oregon and come fix mine, I will pay you. This thing is driving me crazy and I haven't been abled to play my PS2 for about a month.

3. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

I ordered from www.modchipman.com and so far my chips arent working. I hope they arent faulty, but I need to make sure that my install is correct first and foremost. I bought 5 dms3 chips and I think I burnt the first chip I installed, so I swapped it for a new one from my order. I will keep checking one by one the connections but I cant visibly see anything wrong. It could be cold solder connections, but I cant determine whats wrong. Im going to take the chip out and see if my system still works. Ill try with the shortest possible ground wire afterwards. I have taped all the wires down with electrical tape to keep them in place. Oh, and the chips I got were on green boards. DMS3.com says that the green are originals, but Im not sure how to tell if they are or not. And is there a way to test the chip to see if it works still, so I can salvage the first chip I burned up. THANKS.

4. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

anyone? please help if you can solve these problems. Anyone in the manhattan beach area (CA) that can solder this bastard in for me and get this to work. I would pay a reasonable fee to have my PS2 back.