1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS3 vs. Magic 3.1U

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ryo, Aug 30, 2004.

1. ryo

ryo Member

Hi, I've been reading up here on modchips and it is apparent that many people regard the DMS3 chip as a much better chip for modding. The only question I have is, why is it deemed so much better as opposed to the much cheaper Magic 3.1U.

Any help or comments at all would be appreciated.

2. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

i think one of the main reasons is it has a flashable firmware and stuff, from what i've read, if all you want to do is boot backups, then magic is the way to go, but if you want to have all that extra sutff and are actually going to use it then dms3 is better

3. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

i think one of the main reasons is it has a flashable firmware and stuff, from what i've read, if all you want to do is boot backups, then magic is the way to go, but if you want to have all that extra sutff and are actually going to use it then dms3 is better

sorry i posted twice, internet was going screwy, must've sent the page twice

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  4. ryo

ryo Member

by extra stuff do you mean divx and mp3 player etc.?

5. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

it has all the region free dvd stuff so you can play any region dvd's on your ps2, and you can flash upgrade it, so if they make a new ps2 software hack or find a glitch with the chip software, you can just upgrade the chip with the newest stuff and you have it, don't really know what kind of advancements they're making, personnaly i'd rather use the magic, cause i have no use for the extra stuff dms3 has

6. ryo

ryo Member

oh i get it now. thanks for your help :D