1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by TripleX, Aug 16, 2003.

1. TripleX

TripleX Regular member

I just got myself a pre-modded NTSC PS2 with a DMS3 mod-chip installed. I got a couple of questions regarding this chip. I heard about a PS2Reality Player which enables you to play .avi files. However, how do I go about playing these? I install the DMS Explorer, install the Reality Player and then when I want to view an .avi I need to simply place the cd it is on into the PS2 and play it or do I need to go into Dev mode again and play it from there?

Also, with the DMS3, how do I play mp3 files - am I even able to do so? Can I only play audio cd-r's or can I actually play .mp3 files?

Sorry, I'm kinda new to the DMS3 and don't really know my way around, so sorry if my questions are kinda stupid, but everyone has to start soemtime right ;)...
    Thx for any help...

2. TripleX

TripleX Regular member

Another question...on the DMS3 homepage it says that a NTSC modded system cannot play PAL DVDs b/c of the longer buffer length :(...is there anything you can do so it CAN play the PAL DVD?
    Thx

3. robert34

robert34 Guest

if you have a NTSC and PAL compatible t.v. then you wont have a promblem. the dms3 chip only changes the rules of the ps2 for playin which ever region. It does not convert it to a NTSC or PAl compatible format.

4. TripleX

TripleX Regular member

Thx for that info robert34...if you could maybe help me out with my first question aswell, that would be great :)...