1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 and IGR...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by liquid51, Jan 20, 2007.

1. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

I'm brand new to the PS2 scene (aside from the hdl I bought and sold a long time ago), but I am fairly seasoned in the xbox modding department, so I completely understand how fantastic it is that IGR is finally here for the PS2.
    However, I think I'm pretty much decided on the DMS4 SE Pro (hdd is the reason I mod in the first place), but I'm still feeling a slight pull toward the CC 2.0 just for that IGR.
    For those of you that have been around for a while, how close is the competition between chip makers? Do you think we'll see IGR for chips like the DSM and MI any time soon? Are there any "unofficial" bios' available (or may be eventually) that enable IGR for any of the other chips?

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

duno what IGR means but dms are known for being unreliable. MI and Crystal chips are good. DMS has toxic os/bios (unoficial) and crystal has a hacked bootloader.

3. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

IGR = In Game Reset.

The DMS4 and ToxicOS most likely will never have IGR as it appears DMS as well as ToxicOS have gone way of the Dodo.